NOTICES: Sidebar Bonus Content access for this Step is at the upper right menu (<<) or at the bottom of the page, depending upon your device. This page contains affiliate links. This means we may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through one of these links. In addition, we are an Amazon Associate and earn from qualifying purchases.
Get a fully-featured, appealing, professional WordPress blog installed as low as $399
Get a complete professional site installed ready for you to add your blog content. Fast, affordable installation of WordPress on your hosting service with ALL the features below:
You can have your new blog up and running in 72 hours (M-F) when you use my personalized installation service. You receive maximum value for a minimum fee. I care about your blogging success.
What You Receive for the Fee
As a WordPress expert, I know what you’ll need and I know how to install and configure it. Your site will be fully provisioned and ready for you to start adding your content. Here is what I offer in my basic installation for the price above:
- WordPress and Template
- The latest version of WordPress installed on your hosting service (see Quick Start below)
- Install our own customized professional template (not a free one) for the look and feel of your site. Three basic configurations are available with hundreds of other styling options.
- This is a “Responsive” site. That means it works well and looks good on desktop and laptop computers, tablets, and smartphones.
- The configuration of the site which includes these menu options (pages/posts):
- Home Page (static page or your blog posts listing – your choice)
- Your Blog/Categories (set up for endless blog posts)
- About Page
- Contact Page
- Terms of Service Page (I supply “boilerplate” text for your approval).
- Header site title (System Text)*
- Includes default Public Domain template images (your choice)
- Sidebar that is search box and widget-ready
- Footer with your copyright notice and sub-menus
- The technical configuration which includes:
- Install “Easy to edit” plug-ins (Microsoft Word-like interface and WP Classic editor)
- Set-up your SSL (HTTPS) if your host offers it
- Install required GDPR framework for your privacy statement
- Install and configure Social media share plug-in so others can share your post on their social media
- Add Yoast SEO module to help you get more traffic to your site.
- Connect to your Google Analytics account so you can monitor traffic to your site
- Anti-spam plug-in to help eliminate spam emails.
- Add Wordfence Security to help protect your site from hackers
- Video ready. Displaying videos on your site is as easy as pasting in a YouTube link.
Note: All plug-ins mentioned are the free versions that most bloggers use. Many have “Premium” or “Pro” versions and you can purchase upgrades. Personally, I have never had the need to purchase a plug-in upgrade. Support for free plug-ins is excellent within the WordPress developer community.[mks_separator style=”dashed” height=”2″]
Above price includes 30 days of email support
This will help cut the confusion and has tremendous value. I answer all your questions BOTH about WordPress functionality AND blogging in general, as it relates to your blogging niche, for a minimum of 30 days. I offer prompt responses (usually same day M-F) and that will cut your learning curve and frustration. What happens if your custom-installed blog has a technical glitch? I take care of it fast at no extra charge. Note: This support is for a single designated person only.[mks_separator style=”dashed” height=”2″]
Optional Blog Upgrades
The site installation I offer above is complete and you can operate it for years without adding bells and whistles to it. However, I do have a few upgrade options for those who want them. Prices for these upgrades are dependent on several factors, so please ask for a quote. It’s always my goal to keep prices affordable.
- A different “look” template
- More menu options
- Image/video sliders
- Email newsletter set-up
- Advertisement/Affiliate set-up
- Create graphic header logo*
- 30-day support for more than one designated person
- Add your content or content-related images
- Almost anything you’ve seen on other sites
*Note about logos (header site title). Our basic is simple system text (see above). If you have a properly sized and formatted graphic logo, I’ll add that at no extra charge if you have it at the time I install your site. There is an extra charge if you ask us to create a graphic logo for you, but we install it at no extra charge.
Quick Start – Take These Steps To Get Started Now
Most basic sites are up and running and ready for you to add your content in 72 hours (M-F). If you want upgrades, they may add another day or so. See the refund policy here. Your satisfaction is my foremost goal.
You need to do three things to get started:
- Buy a domain name. I recommend that you NOT buy it at your hosting service. Excellent independent places to buy your domain name include:NameCheap (recommended for an inexpensive domain name, not recommended for hosting). They offer free domain privacy as of this writing, and that’s a nice bonus. Best to sign up for 2 years or longer at a time to get the lowest price and so you don’t lose your domain by forgetting to renew on time.Domain.com Established domain name seller. Second and following years pricing will be far higher unless you register your domain at their introductory price for several years at the start.Beware of unnecessary up-sells with all domain name sellers. Carefully review all checkboxes which may obligate you without you being aware of it.
- Get your hosting service. It is your choice. Here are the two I can recommend with confidence. I never recommend GoDaddy, however. Best to sign up for 2 years or longer at a time for a lower price, to help keep you motivated, and so your blog does not disappear by forgetting to renew hosting on time.SiteGround My highest recommendation. Value for money and superior support. This is where I host all my blogs.BlueHost Some of my web design colleagues recommend this hosting service and it is a reliable option.Beware of unnecessary up-sells with all hosting service sellers. Most are not needed, but you can add them later if you wish. Carefully review all checkboxes to make sure they not selling you something you don’t want or need.
- Complete the Quick Start Form. It will take you step-by-step through your preferences so I start work on your blogging site today.
Have questions? Please contact me.