Last updated on 5-28-2020
The United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requires that bloggers and others engaged in e-commerce to disclose relationships with the people we do business with. We adhere to these FTC requirements:
By visiting this site you affirm you understand that:
1. VelocityWriting.com reviews books, other products, and services that have been provided to us at no charge, or that we have purchased.
We are opinionated and express our true opinion. We tell you exactly what we think based upon our experience. It is not possible for anyone to pay us to offer an opinion contrary to our independent assessment.
Our “reviews” may be any positive or negative comment which is part of a post, or in an entirely sponsored post.
2. Our site exists to make money. That includes selling educational courses, products or services we created and own. It also includes offering ads by others who have paid us to offer their product or service. Some ads were purchased by individuals or companies. Others are part of advertising networks and Google Adsense would be an example of that type of ad network.
3. We participate in affiliate programs. We display that fact on every page on this site. That means if you click on any text or graphic link on this site, it is likely we will get a commission if you make a purchase from the vendor. Sometimes we offer links to useful information from sources who do not pay us a commission, but that should be considered an oversight on our part. For example, links to Amazon.com products are normally affiliate links, but we deal with scores of different affiliates.
4. You will see testimonials by our clients, by experts, by organizations, or by others on this site. We like and appreciate these kinds of compliments, but we advise you to not make any decisions on them alone. Testimonials are based on the experiences of a few people and you may or may not have similar results. We don’t make any guarantee of any kind about results.
5. Our reach is beyond this site. This FTC Compliance Disclosure extends to our sister websites, online courses, emails we send, and our presence on various Social Media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and others.