Blogger – Author Platform Websites
This is the 21st century. You cannot develop a following without a blog/website. A WordPress website is essential if you intend to successfully market your book or build an income through blogging.
For that low price you’ll receive:
- Installation of WordPress on your hosting service. If you don’t have a hosting service,* I can make suggestions. I can also help you get a domain name if you don’t have one.
- Install the Hueman template for look and feel of your site. Customize the basic look and color scheme. As an example, this site uses the Hueman template.
- A “Responsive” site. That means it works and looks good on computers, tablets, and smartphones.
- Video ready. Displaying videos on your site is as easy as pasting in a YouTube link.
- The configuration of the site which includes these menu options (pages):
- Home Page (static page or your blog posts listing)
- Your Blog/Categories (set up for nearly endless blog posts)
- Your Book Sales Page
- About Page
- Contact Page
- Terms of Service Page (I supply “boilerplate” text for your approval).
- Plus a sidebar on each page for menus, ads, sign-ups, etc.
- The technical configuration which includes:
- Yoast SEO module to help you get more traffic to your site.
- Connection to your Google Analytics account so you can monitor traffic to your site.
- Anti-spam plug-in to help eliminate spam emails.
- Wordfence Security to help protect your site from hackers.
- Social Media buttons (Like, Share) that connect to your established Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Price includes 30 days of email support. This is huge. I answer all your questions about how to use your site for a minimum of 30 days. I offer prompt responses and will cut your learning curve and frustration. Note: This support is for a single designated person only.
|Think of my websites as a newly constructed fully functional house. It looks great and everything works as it should. But it’s up to you to add furniture, landscaping, and love to turn your house into a home.
With this website, you add content and other features over weeks, months, and years to make it just like you want it to be. You add your blog posts, images, videos, and other features to make it your own special place.
Extra features and functionality are available for an extra fee. For example, you can upgrade to things like:
- A different “look” template
- More menu options
- Image sliders
- Email newsletter set-up
- Advertising set-up (Adsense and others)
- Custom videos (Book trailer, Facebook ads, backgrounder, etc.) about you or your book.
- 30-day support for more than one designated person.
- Almost anything you’ve seen on other sites.
Ask for prices on these upgrades.
Most basic sites are up and running in 4-7 business days. All payments are in advance and are non-refundable due to opportunity and related costs. Your satisfaction is my foremost goal. Please contact me with your questions.
* There are many good hosting services and I’ll be happy to recommend a few. GoDaddy is not one of them and there is an extra $50 fee if you use them as your hosting service.